With the rising incidents involving child trafficking and abduction, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) issued a directive to secure a minor’s travel clearance, should a child travels outside the Philippines, either alone or with an adult companion aside from the parent or legal guardian.
A minor who is a Filipino citizen and living abroad but does not hold either a permanent resident visa card or equivalent pass issued by another country is required to secure for a Travel clearance
Requirements for DSWD Travel Clearance
The application form for Travel Clearance is available in all DSWD Field Offices and downloadable from DSWD website at www.dswd.gov.ph. The documentary requirement varies depending on whether the child is traveling alone or with an adult companion other than his/her parent or legal guardian.
Minor traveling alone for the first time outside the Philippines
- Accomplished/fill out DSWD Application form
- Photocopy of Birth certificate or passport of the minor
- Written consent of a parent or legal guardian permitting the minor to travel abroad
- Proof of relationship to the minor
Copy of a marriage certificate of parents
Certificate of legal guardianship of the minor for minors.
For single parent- identification card or certificate from the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office for proof as single parent
Tallaq or Fasakh certification from Muslim Shariah court or any Muslim Barangay or religious leader.
For illegitimate minor, Certificate of no marriage from Local Civil Registrar or in case of death of parents, a copy of the death certificate.
- 2 copies colored passport size photo taken not more than 6 month
- Photocopy of passport for the child’s travel companion, if any
Additional requirements as per assessment of DSWD authorities to make sure that no child will be trafficked and to ensure the safety and welfare of the child
Minor who had traveled more than once outside the country
- Filled out application form
- Letter of parental consent of parent or guardian permitting the child to travel abroad.
- Previous travel clearance or same requirements with set A.
- 2 pieces passport sized colored picture taken not more than 6 months
- Photo copy of passport of the minor’s companion
Exemption from Travel Clearance
Minors who are exempted to secure a travel clearance
- Minors who are traveling with either of the parent.
- Those traveling with the legal guardian
- Immigrants to another country who are holding a permanent residency card, dependents visa or other pass issued by another country which proves residency of the parents abroad Not a Filipino citizen and are holding a foreign passport.
If a minor illegitimate child is accompanied by the biological father, he should secure a travel clearance certificate for it is provided in Article 176 of the Family Code of the Philippines that parental authority is vested only to the mother of the child.
Parental Consent Through Electronic or Fax Transmission
A faxed copy of the parental consent is acceptable, as well as computer generated photo of minors and emailed documents.
Schedule in Processing of Travel Clearance for Minors
- Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Submit all required documents to DSWD office nearest you
Travel Clearance Processing Fee:
- P300.00 – Travel Clearance applicable for one year
- P600.00 – Travel Clearance applicable for two years
If you need further information on the processing and fees for Minor Travel clearance, you may contact DSWD Field Offices or go to their website; www.dswd.gov.ph
Information gathered here is taken from DSWD government page and the Philippine Embassy.
Do you have comments or suggestions?
You may leave it here or message at our Facebook Page: Pinoy Heldesk!!!