Good news to first-time job seekers!
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signed Republic Act 11261, otherwise known as the First Time Job Seekers Assistance Act last April 10, 2019.
This would mean that first-time job seekers or persons who for the first time are applying for a job, are now exempted in paying fees for documentary requirements that are issued by government agencies.
Here are list of Documents that are available for Free:
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance (PNP)
- Barangay Clearance
- Birth Certificate (PSA/Local Civil Registrar)
- Marriage Certificate (PSA/Local Civil Registrar)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN/BIR)
- Medical Certificate from Government Hospital
- Transcript of Records Issued by State Universities & Colleges
- Unified Multi-Purpose Identification Card
- Other government-issued documents as required by employees from the applicants
Senator Joel Villanueva who is the principal author of the law lauded the President and fellow lawmakers for the timely passage of the law. The senator points out that this law takes the financial burden for job applicants spend as much as P2,000 for employment requirements to include documents issued by corresponding government agencies.
In order to avail of the new law, the first time applicant or a person who intend to apply a job for the first time must secure a barangay certificate as proof of being a first-time jobseeker for the exemption or waiver of fees.
An applicant may enjoy this said exemption only once.
For more news updates on your government agencies, Just Like and Follow our Facebook Page: Pinoy Helpdesk!!!
Share, share this info…